The Special Needs Coordinator is responsible for providing accommodation for our special needs children and families to fully take part in the ministries of St. Luke’s. They help to create a loving and safe environment where children’s needs are known, the appropriate support is provided, and growth in faith results for children and their families. This role is a crucial part of our children’s team and will be called upon as we continue to make modifications to our building and adjustments to our program to ensure that greater numbers of special needs children and families can be served. This role supports our Elementary, Preschool and Nursery ministries. Applications submitted by November 1st will be given priority consideration.
In 2 two years, success in this position would look like:
· Doubling the number of families served weekly from an average of 15 to 30.
· Growth in the number of special needs children attending Vacation Bible School and special events due to the level of accommodation we provide.
· Developing a respite program to support families and help us reach new people.
· Consulting on our plans for building renovations to ensure that accommodation and sensory space are adequately addressed.
· Collaboration to support special needs families in our Weekday Early Childhood Program (ECP) that would be a bridge to Sunday morning attendance.
Please submit application and resume here.