Middle School Mayhem 2022 - Mt. Mayhem
June 27th-July 1st, 2022
Who: Rising 5th-8th Graders (4th-7th Graders in the current 2021-22 school year)
Where: St. Luke's UMC (100 W 86th St)
How Much: $50 for morning, $100 for full day. Scholarships are available; email Heather.
Students who will be in 5th-8th grade for the 2022-23 school year are invited to our FAVORITE event of the year: Middle School Mayhem! This week-long day camp gives middle schoolers a chance to form new friendships as they have discussions and competitions with their "crew" of other students and a few leaders, serve alongside their peers, learn more about faith in worship times designed specifically for them, and (of course) play all kinds of insane games.
Most students sign up for the entire day, but if you have sports or other activities in the afternoon you can always sign up for just the morning. The morning session (9am-12pm) consists of crew competitions, worship, a message, time for reflection, and snacks. The afternoon session (12pm-5pm) includes service projects with local ministry partners, fun activities, and more time to learn.
This year's theme is Mt. Mayhem! We will explore Jesus's Sermon on the Mount and the "Be-Attitudes" Jesus taught us.
- 9:00 Registration at Great Hall (enter through door 6)
- 9:15—9:30 Beginning Ceremonies & Up-Front Games - Robertson Chapel
- 9:30—10:15 Recreation in Great Hall or outside
- 10:15—10:40 Snacks in Fellowship Hall
- 10:40—11:05 Worship & Teaching in Robertson Chapel
- 11:05—11:40 Crew Time
- 11:40—12:00 Closing in Robertson Chapel
- 12:00 Pick-ups for morning crowd at Great Hall
- 12:00—1:00 Lunch in Fellowship Hall, “relaxed” time to play games and interact with one another
- 1—3:30 Afternoon Activity. There will be a mixed amount of service & fun activities. Full schedule will be available by mid-May.
- 3:30—4:00 Snacks & Break
- 4:00—4:20 Large-Group Lesson #2
- 4:20—4:40 Quiet Time with Devotional Journals
- 4:40—5:00 Large-group gathering
- 5:00 Pickups at Great Hall
Frequently Asked Questions
- What will the COVID precautions be? While we cannot predict what our policies will be in June as of this point, we will adhere to the CDC guidelines or more conservative. As of January 2022 here is our policy: Masks required for all students and volunteers inside while in large group. While in small groups, vaccinated persons may remove their masks with permission from their groups. Masks are not required outside.
- Will we be going off-campus this year? We believe we will be able to go off-campus to serve and do fun activities this Mayhem, if we are in a safe place COVID-wise. We will choose places to serve that limit potential exposure to students and those we are service with.
- What is the cancellation & refund policy? You may cancel your registration for any reason before the cut-off date of June 6th. If you cancel after June 6th, you will be liable for the cost.
- How can I volunteer? Mayhem is always an absolute blast, and it takes a lot of people to make sure our middle schoolers have an incredible experience. Whether you want to help decorate the church for our mountain theme or are willing to lead a crew for the week, there are a variety of ways to get involved. Crew Leaders can even earn free admission for one child! Email Jada Price at email@example.com for more info.
- What can I donate? Snacks are a necessity, and donations are a big help! (Link to come to sign up)
How many people will you be registering?